Wednesday, November 5, 2008

National Novel Writing Month

Well, NaNoWriMo is here (for those who don't know what it is, google it), and its got me pretty excited. Why? Well, for the first time, I'm not stopping every two minutes to edit what I've done like I always do. Instead, I'm just letting the creative juices flow and writing and writing and writing, and My God, isn't it a whole lot of fun. Its the 6th day today, and already my story has deviated quite far from what I thought I would be writing, though I'm keeping the general theme in mind. The great thing about this challenge is that you never know whats coming next, and thats where your crazy inventiveness comes into play, with wacky characters, absurd dialogue and a plot so full of holes you wonder it stands together at all! And its so gratifying to see that word count rising every day!

NaNo! Because Writing is fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arghhh i dont believe this :P my entire comment got wiped out before i could publish it!

I was just passing by and i had to pause here...i took this up as well! I would not get into the details of what followed heehee....lets just say that im still at it...and its managed to turn into a *graphic novel* somehow... Hope yours went better :-D

Samarth Hattangady said...

Dude, because you once mentioned NaNoWrimo I am also taking part in it now.

I hope to one day read the one which you wrote.
I still respect you immensely!

Blogoscope